Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parent - Child Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolaper

MIS
Jun 7, 2004
US

Hi,

I need to develop a report with a parent attribute (region eg NE, South etc) as a page-by on a template containing its children (states eg NY, TX etc) and some metrics.

Now, I am able to run reports with the parent attributes and then drill to get the children. But, if I use the parent and the children on the same report- I get nothing. How do I correct the problem?

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
AsuDevil

Can you post up the sql being generated?

Please post the SQL with both attributes on the template.

I caught the problem but am not able to correct it.

The SQL goes like

%%%%%%%%%
where a11.region_id = a12. region_id and
a11.country_id = a12. region_id <<----

a12: state lookup table
a11: region lookup table

Now, thats wrong because it should be equating the country ids but MSTR is generating a wrong SQL!!

One important fact: the reports run perfectly on MSTR 7.1 but we moved it to MSTR 7.5 (by transferring the metadata and redefining server ODBCs) and it started throwing up errors because of wrong SQL generation

Is there any way to correct it.

Thanks
AsuDevil

Check Country attribute and region attribute from both version (7.1 vs 7.5)and make sure that they match. Do the same for the table keys on those tables (7.1 vs 7.5)

Thanks Jac74 and spod for your help. The problem was with attribute definitions!! Wrong data model :)- But, now the problem's solved.

Thanks again
AsuDevil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back