Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parent and child master pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita03

Technical User
Nov 17, 2003
US
I am setting up a book with a parent master page and 6 child master pages.
1. Master page has the book title as the footer and the page #.

2. The child pages are the same as the parent master page with a different color added as background for each child page (pink, peach, purple, green, yellow and teal)

Where and how do I add color to the 6 child pages? I tried placing a box and adding color to it, but that covers the parent page info. It will not allow me to move the colored box to back!!!

If you move you coloured boxes out of the way on the child masters then press command+shift+click (on a mac, don't know what it is on a pc) on the parent elements (on the child masters), that will release them into the child master then put your coloured boxes back to where they were

Marcus

Or, you could just use layers. Objects on master pages the the same way as objects on document pages. Put your auto page numbers on one of your top layers, and your background color for the other master on a lower layer. No need to override then on the doc pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back