Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters reset in SharePoint Integrated Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

angi

Programmer
Apr 14, 2003
US
When running a report in SharePoint Integrated Mode, clicking the Apply button to run the report doesn't do anything except reset some of my parameter fields. The report does not run; no request is sent to my SQL server. I've searched many forums to see what causes this and have come up empty every time, even though others have experienced the same. The report works perfectly fine in Visual Studio 2012 with the same report and parameters.

My parameters are not cascading...each parameter is defined independently of the others. But every time I try to run the report, some of the parameters just blink and reset. From what I can tell, this only happens with the multi-select parameters. Date/time parameters retain their original values as do text entry parameters and single-select parameters. But the multi-select parameters reset to their default (of nothing selected). I've become extremely frustrated by this because it is holding up development for other reports. If I can't get the multi-select parameters to work in SharePoint, 99% of the reports I want to create are useless.

Let me know if anyone has found a solution to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back