Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxum

Technical User
May 20, 2003
US
Okay, I need to know if there is a solution out there that allows you to view a historical instance of a report offline and change the filters based on the saved data. Meaning, it will not refresh, but only change the dataset based off the saved data in the report.

Yes, its called Crystal Reports. Schedule the instance to Crystal Reports format, to a file destination and open that instance with CR.

CR can open a report that has saved data and by changing the record Selection Criteria, vary the displayed content.

Okay, but how do I prevent it from going back to the database? If the computer I'm viewing on is on the network, it will try and refresh the data when I go down to a smaller view of the record set then try and go back to the orginal view of the recordset. Does that make sense?

Hi,
Since the data is saved with the report, when you change
the selection criteria, it should prompt you to either
use the saved data or refresh it...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Okay, but lets say I have a dataset that contains 100 records and 50 of those are of type "A" and the other fifty are of type "B". When I save the report initially, I run it to include both types. When I'm viewing it "offline" in CR, how do I bring the parameters up without clicking the refresh button? Otherwise, when I select existing data and I've already filtered the data for "a"s when I hit the refresh button and I use existing data, it's as if the b's don't exist because it returns 0 records. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back