Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters for the MoveSize command 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budson

Technical User
Nov 11, 2000
DO
I am trying to make a splash screen that takes up the full size of the application window at startup. I am using a jpg as a background. To eliminate the ablity to resize and scroll off it I am using the DoCmd.MoveSize command.

It states it works in inches which makes no sense (to me) sizing windows in a form on a computer screen. I can'se seem to make the size of the window equal the size of the image. I raise and lover the values but it either leave a gray area or begins cropping the image.

Thanks in advance

Budson

Budson,

This is from the Visual Basic Help. The MoveSize uses twips. This measurement is explained below.

For more information on how the action and its arguments work, see the action topic.

You must include at least one argument for the MoveSize method. If you leave an argument blank, the current setting for the window is used.

You can leave an optional argument blank in the middle of the syntax, but you must include the argument's comma. If you leave one or more trailing arguments blank, don't use a comma following the last argument you specify.

The units for the arguments are twips.

(twip: Unit of measurement that is equal to 1/20 of a point, or 1/1440 of an inch. There are 567 twips in a centimeter.).

Example
The following example moves the active window and changes its height, but leaves its width unchanged:

DoCmd.MoveSize 1440, 2400, , 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back