Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters (CR) and Report Viewer in .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkaboy

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
US
I am trying to address parameters in my VB.Net app and need to know if the CR Report Viewer is necessary? I am currently printing and exporting using the ReportDocument with success and want to address parameters from the RD as well. I have noticed most of the examples in Tek-Tips (excellent by the way) all use the Report Viewer.

Is the Report Viewer necessary to deal with Parameters?

Thanks

No, the parameters are set in the report object, which is then displayed by the viewer. You shouldn't need the report viewer to set parameters in a report.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Ye has a choice: talk like a pira

Thanks for the confirmation on the viewer. My app does not need to display anything, just process and print.

Thanks again for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back