Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parameters and subreports in crystal reports XI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robreports

Technical User
Feb 10, 2010
US
I have a main report which contains a un-linked subreport(groups,filters,summarizes same data in a different way).Works good.Now I just added a user-prompt parameter into the main report and incorporated the parameter into a record-selection formula.Tested it, works good.But, I am not sure if the filter is being applied to the subreport also(and it should be).I am experimenting with the actual data to answer this question.Is the main report parameter by default being applied to the subreport as well or do I have to add it myself? Should I consider changing the subreport from un-linked to a linked subreport?I'm not sure if I can do that...not sure if there exists a common field containing discreet(record-level)data.The subreport is hitting on a different data source than the main report so even the record numbers are different.Perhaps I can link the subreport to the main report on the user-interface parameter itself??If not, then link on the record-selection formula the parameter resides in?Please help un-confuse me

If the sub is unlinked, the values returned are unrelated to the selection criteria in the main report. If you want to apply the same filter, then create the same parameter in the subreport, and then in the main report, go to edit->subreport links and move the parameter to the right and then in the lower left, use the dropdown to select the matching subreport parameter, instead of using the default {?pm-?Parameter}. In the sub, add the parameter to your selection formula.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back