Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters all reset when running the same report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangledbabyducks

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
US
Our company has created a runtime utility using Crystal 10's parameter prompting. After entering all the parameters, I run the report. Now let's say I only want to change one of the parameters and leave the rest set as just run. I click to rerun the report and all the parameters reset so I have to reenter them again.

Is there a way to keep the parameters from resetting after running the report, so you can change one of the criteria and run the report again a second or third time? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MBD

No response after a month? Am I not explaining the problem correctly or is more information needed? I did not create the runtime utility so I cannot post the code. Was just wondering if others are having the same problem with parameters resetting every time the same report is run.

-MBD

Hi,
It will depend on how that utility produces the parameter choices and what happens when you click to rerun the report - do you start all over again as if it were the first time you wanted to run it? Can you use the back button ( or something similar) to return to the prompting page?

Depending on the coding of that utility, it should be able to leave the 'last selected' in place when rerun..Maybe..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back