Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter with multiple values

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxxv

Programmer
Jan 23, 2004
PT
Hello,

I have a parameter field of type -> string - which allows multiple values.
This parameter returns, for example this string "20040001 200400002 200400003 200400010".
What I intend to do is to place this parameter in the "Report-Edit Selection Formula-Record" so that it looks like this: {table.fieldname} in [20040001,200400002,200400003,200400010]
The result of this operation, is that the report does not show all records but only the specified above.
I think that I need to work with arrays but don't know how to do such operation.

If somebody will be able to help me, I'll be very grateful.

Jaime

hi

if you select these number from your parameter thats the only one you will get.
Can you specified more on what you are trying to do.

cheers

l

pgtek

If this:

{table.fieldname} in [20040001,200400002,200400003,200400010]

is your record selection formula, then you're not using the parameter. The record selection formula should look like this:

{table.fieldname} in {?YourParameter}

-dave

Dave demonstrated how to limit rows for the choices made, to display the choices back to the user within the report (common for the report header):

join({?YourParameter},", ")

-k

To pbtek,

Ok, the problem is like this.
I´m making a form in BasicScript from Summit Software.
What the form does is, it has several fields that can be filled by the user. The information for the fields comes from an Oracle table WR. So, when the user chooses, for example, the building field, what it does is that it performs an sql query to the table searching for WR_ID where the building ID is like the one he had choosen.
Meaning that the result of the sql query can be just one WR_ID or one hundred WR_ID's (non sequencial). So I have a dilema.
What I thought of doing is to pass the sql result to Crystal Report, to a parameter field so that I could resolve the situation.
And from here I go to the inicial problem.
I need to treat this parameter so that the report can be filtered by WR_ID, no matter the number of WR_ID's I can have.

Regards,
Jaime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back