Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Values are lost while the report is beeing executed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rioleti

Programmer
Jan 16, 2004
LI
RAS-SDK Runtime Modifications
-----------------------------

I have a Report with a SQL-Command as Datasource. At the end of the SQL-Command, in the Where-Clause is a Parameter-Field included, which can be filled at Runtime to select dynamically the Reporting-Data.

Crystal has a Sample how to set Report-Parameter-Fields at Runtime before executing the Report: DEV_RAS9_SimpleDiscreteParam_PFC.zip

Now I have the funny behaviour that the Parameter sometimes can be set and sometimes not.
The only change between working and not working wich were made is some changing on the Report, Layout etc. and saving it, but without changing anything on the parameter-field.

Can somebody help me?
Thanks very much. Manu

Manu;

Just a couple of days ago, I had the same problem. You've probably already thought of this, but all I had to do was make sure the parameter field itself existed on the report somewhere (in my case, I just dragged it to a suppressed section).

Hope that helps.

Mike

Hi mpdinosaur

thanks for your advice. I have received such a hint from another guy in another forum too. But meanwhile i found another solution. When you have opend the Report in the Designer you just has to test it with the ligthning-icon. Then a dialog comes up which ask for the values of the parameters. On it is a check-field for setting the values to null. When i check this field and run the report and save it afterwards. Th eparameter -setting during runtime succeeds everytime. I don't understand why but it is another solution.
But thanks for your reply.
Greetz Manu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back