Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter value not setting on schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaburke

Programmer
May 20, 2002
US
I have a crystal report that runs fine when it's run on demand, i.e. viewed. When it is scheduled - something is going wrong. I click the parameters and enter them. I click 'OK' and the parameter value still says "". I have tried deleting the parameter, re-adding it, etc. Nothing is fixing it. The parameter is static, but has a list of db values appended. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

CR doesn't have a scheduler, so what are you using to scheduling the report? There are at least a dozen different tools that do scheduling of RPTs so this is probably a question for whoever developed your scheduler.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

I'm scheduling through InfoView. BOE 3.1.

That helps. Someone here might have seen that behavior in Infoview and be able to help. If no one responds here you might try posting this in the BOE/CrystalEnterprise forum.

Just curious - do other reports have parameters that work correctly? Or can you not schedule ANY parameters.

This is the only parameterized report I'm having a problem with. I have hundreds that are working correctly.

Is there anything different about this parameter or report or data source compared to the others that schedule correctly?

If it were me the things I would try are:

1) Delete the parameter and recreate it with a different name, then try scheduling it.

2) Save the report under a new name and then try scheduling it.

3)Create a different very simple report and add a parameter that is a duplicate of this parameter. See if it behaves the same.

I have tried 1 and 2, but I will give 3 a shot. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back