Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonlp

Technical User
Feb 9, 2006
US
Hi,

I am trying to create a parameter for the account_ID field. I need to set this up so that all values appear in the drop down list when the user runs the report. There are 6602 account IDs. I also need to display the account description.

When I click Actions -> Append all database values it brings in the account_ID and description but not the complete list. I know that I can import the list and this will bring in all 6602 values but I’m not clear on how to import the account description. Is this possible?

Any help would e greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shannon

Also, I’m using a dynamic prompt because the account IDs change occasionally. I’m not sure if that matters but my earlier post about clicking ‘Append all database values’ doesn’t apply when using dynamic prompts. It still doesn’t bring in all values though.

i believe crystal has a limit of around 1000 values in a dropdown.
if i recall correctly there is a method to change this using regedit (maybe?) but do not recall the specifics, as i have never had need of it.
here are a couple threads that may help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back