Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Query Driven by Form Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarque

Technical User
Mar 13, 2000
US
I have a form that has 10 field on it.
10 text boxes. Fields1 thru Field7 are standard text that the user enters. Fields8 and Fields9 are numeric values that the user enters. Field10 is calculated using a math formula that uses the previous 9 fields to get its results.

The form is unbound. The calculation of field 10 performs and displays correctly.

The problem is when I reference the value of field 10 on my query in the the following format Result10:Forms!Form1!Text10, I get a checkbox displayed instead of the value that displays on the form. The only time I get the value to display is if I wrap it with cint or str... The odd thing is this exact same sample works and behaves fine in Access 97.

Can someone tell me if this a bug in Access 2k and XP? Is there a work around for this issue without me changing 300 to 400 queries?

Here is a sample of the query code: "SELECT Table1.Field1, Table1.Field2, Table1.Field3, (Forms!Form1!Text5) AS Expr4, Table1.Field5, Table1.Field6, Forms!Form1!Text7 AS Expr5, Forms!Form1!Text9 AS Expr1, Forms!Form1!Text11 AS Expr2, Forms!Form1!Text13 AS Expr3
FROM Table1;"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back