Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Formula Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbarbs

Instructor
Mar 20, 2006
US
I am using Crystal 8.5 with the Raiser's Edge. In the gift export from Raiser's Edge there can only be one set of criteria for all gifts. So I left off criteria and exported all gifts so I can manipulate in Crystal. I put in a parameter based on gift date: {Gf.Gf_Date} in {?Start Date} to {?End Date}. Well, now I realized that a person can pledge any time within the year and I want that gift to show up. Is there any way to say that if Gift Type = Pledge have the parameter be current year otherwise if the gift is Cash or Pay-Cash have it be between start and end date? Not sure if this is possible or if I have explained myself enough...but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try:

(
if {table.Gift Type} = "Pledge" then
{table.date} > dateadd("yyyy",-12,currentdate)-1
)
and
(
if {table.Gift Type} in ["Cash","Pay-Cash"] then
{table.date} in {?Start Date} to {?End Date}
)

-k

I tried putting the following forumla in the select expert based on {Gf.Gf_Date}.

(if {Gf.Gf_Type} = "Pledge" then
{Gf.Gf_Date} > dateadd("yyyy",-12,currentdate)-1) and
(if {Gf.Gf_Type} in ["Cash","Pay-Cash"] then
{Gf.Gf_Date} in {?Start Date} to {?End Date}

I am getting no errors for the formula...but am then getting no results in the report. Not sure what else to try.

Try:

if {Gf.Gf_Type} = "Pledge" then
{Gf.Gf_Date} > dateadd("yyyy",-12,currentdate)-1 else
if {Gf.Gf_Type} in ["Cash","Pay-Cash"] then
{Gf.Gf_Date} in {?Start Date} to {?End Date}

-LB

I think that works! You all are lifesavers on this forum! I will test it more in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back