Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Fields in same table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpreston

MIS
Mar 4, 2015
GB
Hi

I have a Group Name and a sub group name in the same table.

I have created a Parameter that allows you to select the group and this works ok.
In the sub group field there is a lot of data. What I want to do is select the group and then the second selection should only be on the sub group but only show the names that are part of the group

Group sub Group
Wood Door
Glass Window
Wood Handle
Glass Frame
Wood Hinge

So if I select Wood it should only show me , Door, Handle and Hinge in my second selection. If I selected Dorr in the sub group then it would show just results for Wood and Door.
Any ideas please, thanks

I managed to sort this myself. Not sure how to close a thread or delete one.

In the parameter I made it Dyanamic and in the Values I added in Both fields for Group and sub group and in the parameters I added parameter for Group and sub group.
I then set these in the Reports / Select Expert /Record. When I ran the report it allowed me to select group and then it only showed sub groups related to the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back