Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parameter field values standard values

Status
Not open for further replies.

klausdahl

Technical User
May 27, 2002
DE
Hi folks,

I have would like do know how, if it is possible, can I do the following:
Say we have a report on a datasource and we want to filter this datasource using the client-ids. In another (client-) table we have the client-names and client-ids The filtering will be done with the client-ids, but the user selects this by viewing a two column table (client-name, client-id) sorted by names.
Furthermore is it posible to use these values and add some other prefined values (as all European, all English) which are not explicitely in the client table?

In hope to get some hints
Klaus

Klaus,

When you specify Default values for a parameter in Crystal, you can also specify a "Description" for each value. In that dialog, you can also select an option of what would be shown to the user: ID, Description, or Both.

That list would be "Static" in the sense that the values you specify during design time don't change (even if more Client ID's are added to the table.

If you need Dynamic values (and/or the ability to show more than 2 columns in the display used for selecting Clients, have a look at my DataLink Viewer utility:

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back