Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter field displays 1st value when run a second time. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRBFAN

Programmer
Jun 1, 2006
US
I'm converting CR 8.5 reports to CR 2008, and writing new reports in 2008 using Visual FoxPro DB and ODBC driver.

I have a simple report with one STRING parameter. "Allow discrete values" = True. "Default Value" field is blank.

1. When I run the report the first time, the parameter field is blank, I enter a value in the parameter field, click OK and report runs.....no problem. When I "Refresh" a 2nd time and select "Prompt for new parameter values", the parameter field contains the value I entered the 1st time instead of being blank. Any ideas? Works fine in 8.5.

2. Also, I notice that if I change the "Default Value" in a report, the report doesn't recognize the change unless I save, close, and then re-open the report. Again, 8.5 recognizes changes immediately.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

This is a feature of CR10 and above. Crystal retains the value of the parameter last used. Only reverts to blank if report closed and reopened.

Most people find this useful especially for multiple paramter reports and they only want to change one parameter and rerun report.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back