Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Entry Screen Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

crogers111

Technical User
Jan 23, 2004
US
CR XI
SQL

We have a simple in-house VB6 app to run and preview reports that one of our programmers wrote that includes the CR viewer. Curretnly it uses a simple 'text box like' parameter entry screen. We'd like to have the parameter entry screen mimic the parameter entry screen in CR XI which I have installed on my PC and use.

We have the parameter entry screen in the app working as needed and mimicing CR's when I run it from my machine which has CR XI installed. But users that do not have CR XI installed do not get the same result. For most reports, the parameter entry screen is white,the calendar does not display and shows the Red 'X'. When users run a report with a dynamic parameter it doesn't even load the paramter window and returns an 'Invalid TLV' error.

We tried copying the newer CRAXDRT.DLL from my machine to the problem machine. This only changed the error to: Automation error. The specified procedure could not be found.

Are there other files to check/update ?
Is there a way to install the neccessary files used for CR XI's paramater entry screen ?

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back