Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Default Values (American Date problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1866DSC

Technical User
Sep 4, 2006
GB
Hi, I'm running SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services version 9.00.3042.

When setting the default values of date parameters its passing the date through as an american date
so 31/12/2006 would be 12/31/2006 causing an error.

The regional settings are uk on the client operating system, the visual studio international settings are english, the report settings are english(united kingdom) and when entering the parameters in preview mode its works and on the report manager on the server it works.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Server settings ?

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

SQL Server settings
British
and the logins again English British

I have the same problem and found no joy whatsoever, however this does not effect the dates when the report is published, is only when I develop that I have to meddle with the dates so that they are conveterd properly

-Mo

Thanks Mo for the reassurance I'm not going crazy. I'm starting to think this is a bug with Reporting Services, I couldn't even input the dates at development (before deployment) until SQL Server service pack 2.

Have you set the report language to be English(United Kingdom) , I think sp2 is crucial here too.

Otherwise convert all your dates to the same locale format in the dataset using convert.

W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back