Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parameter Browsefield replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincer

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
GB
In CR8.5 crpe there was a parameter property 'browsefield' which specified the location of the lookup data which then allowed you to dynamically create your pick list.

This appears to be deleted in the RDC version available in CR9. How can I get the same information?

Thanks

Vince

It's in the same place: Click on the "Set Default Values" button when editing the Parameter definition.

Note that these values are not dynamic... They get populated at the time you populate them, not at the time the report runs.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thanks for your response.
I know the picklist is not dynamic in crystal terms but I have an app which clears down the default list and then by using the browse field repopulates the Default parameter values (ie the pick list). This worked well when using the crpe32.dll under cr8.5 but this dll is not supported on cr 9 - hence the move to the RDC which does not seem to have the same information available even though you can add the information using the crystal report editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back