Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter AND Recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnspeer

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
US
I can pass a recordset OR I can pass a parameter, but I want to pass a recordset AND a parameter or two.

I'm creating the recordset in VB from an Oracle database using SQL; then passing it to a Crystal Report template that defines the recordset via a .ttx file. This part, by itself, is fine.

I know how to send parameters to Crystal because the previous iteration of this report did the record selection inside the report code rather than using the recordset-from-VB method. This part, by itself, is fine.

I need to be able to print the parameters used to generate the recordset (in VB) on the Crystal Report output, so I need to send both the parameter information AND the recordset to Crystal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lynn

Passing a recrodset shouldn't prevent passing a parameter. The recordset may preclude using the parameter for selecting, but that would surprise me. Are you using the parameter field in the record selection formula? What failure are you getting? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back