Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parallel installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

merced320

Programmer
Aug 23, 2007
US
I am doing a parallel installation and I have arrived at this point, Livelink Admin Server Configuration page.

I'm at a lost as to why I'm getting the message indicating 'The status for all Admin servers must be active'. Any suggetions?

I can't go any further than this.

Thanks in advance.

By parallel do you mean that you took a copy of an earlier version databases and trying to convert that to a newer version with new livelink software(eg trying to get a 9.5 to 9.7).In that case if you have not done the proper pre-reqs that database copy contains in KINI the original admin server info.My guess is that this new livelink is trying to contact the old admin server.If you are not careful you could ruin that servers and its index so please either work with OT support or read up completely on the full parallel upgrade procedure.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

If you have reached this point you "should" have encountered the admin server configuration confirmation. At that point it allows you to change the ports and addresses if needed.

The admin server must be running and be able to respond to commands since part of the setup is to check for an enterprise data source etc, allowing for it to be setup.

If there issues in getting the communication working then as appnair said, give OT CS a call and thye walk you through more detail diagnostics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back