Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parallel expansion card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs1

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a dilemma that I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I have a parallel connect printer that I need to set up as LPT2 because LPT1 is currently being used by another device. The parallel expansion card I have does not have a driver with it (someone's old equipment) and I cannot determine the name brand, type, or model number of the card from the card itself.

I can't just do a plug and play because I am running NT and it doesn't see the card. Does anyone know if there is a generic driver I could try for this device? I am open to any other suggestion or solutions you may have.

Thanks, FS1

Is there anyway of sticking it into an XP machine to test to see what brand\model it is?

How about any chips on there that you could google? I am sure that there has to be something on the card to identify it.

Failing that, you could try something like the Everest from and see if it can identify it??

Have you tried temporarily disabling the on-board LPT1 in the BIOS, plugging in this new card and seeing if NT recognises it now? It could be it was set to the same address and IRQ as the on-board port... I take it that it's a PCI card not an old ISA one?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back