Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paragraph Styles Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy101

Technical User
Sep 13, 2003
GB
I am having problems when I create a paragraph style in Indesign 2.02. When I apply the style to plain text it does not apply the style - it applies a different colour (white), and different version of font (ie bold) and different font size. This is happening in a document with several master pages. When I check the paragraph style details it is set up correctly. I would be grateful for any suggestions - I am desperate!

I think that this problem often occurs when pasting text from the clipboard - InDesign uses RTF formatted Text when pasting.

What happens if you select the affected text and option-click to the appropriate format name in the paragraph-palette? If this format has a plus-sign behind its name: that shows that something differs from the original settings of this format. Option-clicking in the format name resets the selected characters to default settings.

Thomas M. Reuter
Munich
-------------------
[Mac G4DP, OS 10.2.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back