Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paragraph number in autogenerated Index Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomreuter

Technical User
Sep 9, 2003
DE
Hi,

assume I have some paragraph formats P1, P2, P3 numbering paragraphs as 1, 1.1, 1.1.1 etc., using numbering cycle &quot;E:<n>....\t&quot; Otherwise I have a &quot;Main Text&quot;-Format called M, with no numbering, and a &quot;Bullet Text&quot;-format called B that marks paragraphs automatically with a leading bullet, using automated numbering like &quot;•\t&quot;.

Now I generate an Index-File, collecting the index marks of the whole document. An index line is defined on the appropriate reference page as

\t<$paranumonly>\t<$pagenum>

When I have an index mark in an E1, E2, E3 or M-paragraph, the result of this index in the SIX-File is for example
Index ..... 4.2 ... 23
That's correct.

If I have the index marker in a B-formatted paragraph, the result shows
Index ..... 1 ..... 23

FrameMaker does what it should: the paragraph number of a B-paragraph is always set to 1. But what I need is the number of the preceeding E...-paragraph.

How can I tell the SIX-document to show the actual paragraph count of E1, E2 or E3 - and nothing else?

Thomas M. Reuter
Munich
-------------------
[Mac G4DP, OS 10.2.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back