Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradyne 3160 DTE Cord 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflounders

Programmer
Dec 8, 2002
US
Where can I pick one of these up quickly. Such as a retail store, I tried RadioShack and Comp USA but they did not have them.

Isn't is just a eight wire straight-through cable with RJ-45 heads? How about using a CAT5 network patch cord? On a short run, you could probably get away with a D8AW or other telephone mounting cord.

Tim Alberstein

The Paradyne has a DB15 port for its DTE output. So I need a RJ45 to DB15.

Tim - it is a special cord - it does have an RJ45 jack at one end - but the other end is for the DTE port on the 3160. You can probably order them directly from Paradyne - or google the DTE cord. I know the 3160 manual - which you can also google - has the specific cord number listed.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Dang. And I have a whole bag of DB-15 modular connectors just sitting in my truck. Now knowing what you need, I wouldn't expect either Radio Shack or CompUSA to carry that stuff.

What about Graybar or other industrial-style electronics warehouse? Post back with your location, and I'll bet we can find something quickly for you. It sounds like you're in a jam and can't wait for shipping.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back