Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox Runtime 10 Printing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWB2008

Technical User
Apr 29, 2008
US

I have a user who is having trouble with printing from my Paradox Runtime 10 application (Windows XP). And I finally experienced this problem myself (on one laptop). All the other computers I have tested worked fine.

I recall that installed but not connected printers caused problems in Windows XP, and I did have an old printer installed on the computer that gave me problems. I deleted it, so now only the installed printer (HP inkjet) and PDF Writer and Distiller are installed. It still does not print. Just hangs. But the user mentioned above is reporting GPVs. Other installations work just fine.

Can anyone help?

Lynn

Is that Acrobat pdf writer?

If so: Rename it so it is not at the top of the list of printers and try again.

Also, what service pack level (Paradox 10 sp?) are those computers?

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes it was Acrobat PDF writer.

The Runtime 10 installation was the same Runtime install file I've used for several years. I recall a service pack for Paradox 10, but nothing for Paradox 10 Runtime. I'm I missing something? If so, where can I find it?

I do have Paradox 11 and Paradox 11 Runtime (as well as 7 and 8 too), but it didn't seem to be worth moving to.

Lynn

Aaah, Runtime. Yes, I believe you are right.

But did you/they try renaming the acrobat printer?

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back