Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox db report

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancho13

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
AU
Hello Crystal Gurus
Could you please help me with this little problem:
I've got 2 paradox tables: "work" - "labour"
The "work" table contains 4 fields based on the 'labour' table, that is, each field looks into the same 'labour' table and can select any record from it.
I can run a report from the 'work' table to show the labour (all 4 fields) for each work record.
My problem is:
I would like to run a Crystal report based on the 'labour' table that contains each record from the 'work' table that brings the amount of hours from each labour, regarless of the field position of the 'work'table.

My link works in 1 way, but not in the other

Any suggestions???
btw: I'm using CR 8.0
Thanx

This is confusing. I think it would help if you listed the fields in each table and explain how you currently have the tables linked. Also explain whether you would be grouping on any fields, and what the record selection criteria might be.

-LB

Thanks lbass. I'll try to clarify a bit better:
Table 'work' contains 4 fields : 'labour1',labour2,labour3,labour4, which are based on table 'Labour'; that is, all fields looks into this table to select a record from it.
Also means that for each 'job' record entered into the 'work' table, the labour used in 'field1' may not be the same for each job, eg: john wayne was in field1 for job A, and john wayne was used in field2 for job B, etc....
I could create a report based on the 'work' table that it shows all the 'labour' fields for each job.... no prbs here.

But, when I try to create a report from the 'labour' table that shows me the jobs for each labour, I've got missing data from the 'work' table....

more info:paradox Tables 'work', 'labour'.
fields in table 'work': job#,job desc,labour1,2,3,4, hours lab1,hours lab2,hours lab3,hours lab4, finish date, req by......etc
fields in table 'labour' : labour id, name, company, rate...etc
where:
work.labour1 = labour.name
work.labour2 = labour.name
work.labour3 = labour.name
work.labour4 = labour.name

I'm using CR 8.0

Hope this help
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search