Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox 9 - terminal server printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gweener

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
GB
Hi,

Am using a paradox 9 application over terminal server, mapping local network printers in the terminal server connection (RDP in most cases).

All applications print ok, except Paradox. Every time a print is run, paradox will terminate.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

We us a PDX9 app with TS also. I can tell you from loads of experience that using printer redirectors is flakey at best. You would do well to turn off the client side printer redirects and use a ip printing solutin instead.

What I do is use IP printing from the server to my WAN sites. I just have to open ports at my branch/WAN site for 9100(RAW) or 631 (HP internet printing) port 80 is nice to admniistrate the print servers if you use them. Just have those ports point to the WAN print server, and install it localy on your TS server/app server. This way the printer is a local printer for your server and it will just print to the WAN site.

I do this for about 3 sites. ALl of the printers show up on the TS clients and can be set as default printres.

Paradox 10 alias problem!

I use version 10 with Win XP in my desktop without network connection. Recently OS was installed again and now I am not able to do ODBC queries any more or open tables. From Alias Manager I am capable to connect an alias to Oracle database. The same ODBC driver is in use with Access and Excel and it works properly.

While I try to choose a table for query and I try to change another alias, it does not change!!! I can see all aliases, but ticking one, it returns WORK alias anyway. PRIV alias works as usually. I could choose Data Model option and then it ask passwd normally and then I am able to see all the tables in Oracle database.

What to do in order to make it work again?
TIA
Mika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back