Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox 9 - Higher Table Level Required error

Status
Not open for further replies.

subroman

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
US

I am attempting to add a new lookup table for an existing table. Used the table setup and let it default to table type Paradox 7,8 & 9. When I went to restructure the original table to link the lookup field I got an error that indicated the fields could not be linked as the lookup table was a newer version.

The original table was created in dos 4.5. Currently running on version 9. I recreated the lookup table as a version Paradox 4 and attempted to restructure the original table and now get a "higher Table Level Required" error.

I am assuming I may need to convert my level 4 tables to level 7,8 & 9. I am unable to find how I would do that.
Is this the solution? Or is there something else I should be looking at.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

Hi subroman,

First, try to create new table (version 7,8,9) with the identical structure as the table of version 4.5. Then you can import data to new table.

If you still get the message "higher table level required", cause is probably that your table(s) is password-protected, and you entered password that is not sufficient for restructuring.

Exit Paradox, and when you are first time prompted for password, enter the the highest-privilege password. If you are prompted for password again, enter the second highest privilege password and so on.

When working with password-protected tables, if you enter read-only password, Paradox will not ask you for higher-level passwords. Consequently, you will not have appropriate privileges, like restructuring, for example.

To avoid this, first enter the highest-privileges password. If you haven't done so, close Paradox, run it again and enter the highest password.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Almir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back