Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox 9 and Corel Web Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebow

Programmer
May 20, 2001
MT
Lately I have been experimenting with linking paradox with a web server and was evaluating the functionality of using these products on a professional basis(I have a number of software packages in Paradox V5.0, which are now successfully upgraded to Paradox 9).

Has anyone used these products together??? Any big problems encountered? Have you found any major shortcomings and if yes, how did you get round them??? Are they recommended as an e-commerce solution??

Thanks for any relevant answers

There's a great deal of activity on Corel's newsgroup (coreldeveloper.paradox-web) regarding the Corel Web Server and Paradox. You may wish to check there.

Also, there are some related documents at Look for the Documents section. One contains a fairly detailed discussion of the CWS, based on a series of tutorials originally posted to the previously mentioned newsgroup.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Concerning the Paradox 8,9 interaction..

Paradox is the only database program I know that will act as Web server itself rather than connecting to a Web server using the OLE Web Server object.
For Paradox programmers this will offer a huge advantage over conventional CGI as the Paradox will interact with all existing SQL servers or other tables.

DTLink Inc.
Dimitri
admin@mail.arrowlink.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back