Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox 7 - very slow switch from form run to edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtastad

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
US
I am using Paradox 7 and am becoming irritated with the amount of time it takes when I switch between viewing a form and editing it. It isn't a problem if I don't have any objectPal code windows open, but if I do it may take as long as a minute to switch to edit mode. It doesn't seem to matter if I have my tables local or on the network. Has anyone experienced this and found a fix. Thanks!

mtastad,

Hm. I seem to recall something about this, but I'll admit that the details escape me for a moment. I'll have to check my archives.

Which version of Paradox 7 ar you using, the one for Windows 3.x/WFWG or the one for Windows 95/NT? (Check Help | About). If the latter, then make sure you've applied Patch 4 (ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/Paradox/PdoxWin/PDX7UPD4.EXE). It's a pain to install, but once you're done, things work pretty well.

If this doesn't help, then it may be due to some environmental factor. Does this affect all forms or just specific ones. If specific ones, then there may be some configuration thing we can change to improve the situation.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

I inadvertently put V7 - I am actually using Paradox 8 (V8.00.302). I just tried the patch on the corel.com site, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any form that I am working on is affected if I have a code window open. If I close the code window then the form will toggle between edit/run mode almost instantaneously. Do you think it could be anti-virus software that is causing this (we are running Symantec Enterprise Anti-virus on our server) ? Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back