Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox 11 Runtime with WinAT Schedule Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelique

Technical User
Mar 9, 2001
AU
Have upgraded to Paradox 11 Runtime and have a delphi program which uses WinAT to set off some compile scripts re-delivered in Paradox 11.

Program and scripts worked in Paradox 7 for years but now getting a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error which results in the scripts not being run.

The setting for WinAT is "interactive" so that the users can see the process is running late at night. If we turn off the "interactive" in WinAT, no problems except the user doesn't see the screen designed to let them know processes of data transfer are running. The moment we turn on the "interactive" it fails.

Our environment is restricted but this problem happens under one of the administrator accounts in Windows 2000.

Has anyone had problems managing Paradox 11 Runtime like this?

'Not see' the instance....

I've had this issue when the system running was logged in as one user and the new instance runs as a different user.

And Paradox does not run without the system having a user logged in. Actually logged in, not just something that starts up as a service starting Paradox.

Does any of this apply?

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Hi Tony,

Yes, the instance would be for a different user. What I see is strange is that Paradox 7 RT has not problems with this condition but Paradox 11 RT does. Any suggestions? So the best we have come up with is running a batch using psexec to call for an instance.

Tests indicate that having both versions of Runtime on the same computer doesn't appear to be a problem since the code to trigger an instance of runtime checks for Paradox 11 then Paradox 7.

Thanks for replying.... Look forward to hearing any suggestions you may have.

If it is for a different user, why would you expect to see that instance on the console of the currenly logged in user?

I have this situation on a system that runs on a remote box. Everything is reliable.

But one user doesn't 'see' another user's applications running (although you can see everything in TaskMangler, if you check the box to view all users' tasks/applications).

The additional instance/login user that is created on that remote system is when I log on with VNC. The admin account is running, and so am I (as a limited user).

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Hi Tony,

1. The environment is locked down Windows 2000 environment. The user has no right mouse click except in the program and unable to see C:\

2. Paradox 7 RT appears to have no problem working with the locked down environment or the fact that the delphi program triggers an instance of Paradox 7 RT to run the scripts.

3. The user calling the delphi program is an administrator type user with full control to everything including running of scripts, batch files, opening up tables etc.

It just doesn't make sense that 7 RT works, 11 RT doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back