Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paper size reverting to default printer settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwirky

MIS
Apr 22, 2010
AU
Hello,

I cannot print A3 CR document from MIS. We use CR 2008 to create reports/documents which are then run from our MIS. We have a report which is created as an A3 document, and will print this way directly out of CR, however will only come out as A4 page which shows only part of the actual A3 document.

I have created a dummy report which I set to be a A3 sized, adjusted the printer preferences and applied this. (By the way, if I close out of the report and reopen it, the default of A4 will appear in the print preferences once it is open again)

I added it to the MIS, adjusted the printer settings and saved it. If I go back into the document print settings of the MIS the document has magically reverted to the default A4.

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

Thanks,
Joanne

When you write a report on your PC you have access to all your locally defined printers and obviously your A3 printer is one of them.

When you upload your report to the MIS system, typically you are uploading it to another machine (the MIS Server).

I suspect the MIS server does not have your A3 printer defined and is therefore reverting your report back to the default printer settings.

The best way of testing any such connectivity issues is to have crystal reports installed on the MIS server and to run the report from crystal itself. This way, you will see any error message that may be appearing.

Hope this helps.

Steve Phillips, Crystal Reports Trainer & Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back