Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pansonic KX-NCP500 Switch from ISDN to SIPS (Issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Coe

MIS
Sep 25, 2023
GB
Hello to all

I hope some of you with much more experience than me with these things are able to help. I recently switched my phone lines from a single ISDN 2e connection to my NCP500 to an SIPS package with a single trunk and 3 Channels after testing with a single Channel. Since switching I have run into the following issue that I just seem to be unable to figure out.

I am experiencing a very long time to connect an SIPS call after dialling
This is currently about 10 seconds after finishing dialling before a ring on the line {same with mobiles and landline numbers} I thought this would be in the Group \ Trunk Group \ Dialing Plan Options to set the number of digits the system should be expecting before it sends the number to the SIPS Channel? I currently have the following values in there N99, NXXXXXXXXXX, and N1XXXXXXXXX.

I'm sure I have missed something stupid and would expect a 3-4-second wait but just seem to go around in circles now.

All Help really appreciated

Many Thanks

Bill

Just in Case anyone else gets this issue while switching out their BRI 2 Cards and moving over to SIP I found what I had missed changing the analog CO first Digit in System \ Timers and counters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back