Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic TVS-50 Language Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatecom

Technical User
May 9, 2011
US
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble changing the language on a Panasonic TVS-50. I've reset the unit to factory defaults twice but absolutely every system voice prompt (when accessing the programming menus) is in French (rather than English), making programming the voice prompts difficult. The serial programming console and phone system (KX-TD816) are both in English so I have no idea why the system voice prompts are in French. I couldn't find anything in the manual that refers to the changing the system voice prompt language.

Thanks!

is it posiable you have a french unit?
try selecting user prompts 1 or 2 and see if they are english. if not and the unit is french you will have to load english prompts

I'd highly doubt that as the unit's programming interface is in English (with no obvious language change menu) and the accompanying system is also in English.

I can't see where I can change the internal system prompts - they are all for incoming callers.

How would I load English prompts into the unit if they are not already there?

Thanks!

tru setting prompts to user 1 in settings
don't know where to get english prompt file

Your dealer should be able to provide the emglish prompts via Panasonic. I am more familiar with the TVM50/200 being UK based & have all the voice prompts for it in various languages. At the very least this will do your uderstanding of french the world of good.

JON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back