Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic TA-824 dialing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalarms

Vendor
Jul 12, 2021
MX
Trying to troubleshoot a problem with a TA-824 system with 18 KX-t7731 phones and a couple SLT phones.

System has been operational without problems for approximately ten years. Starting a couple of months ago, once in a while dialing seems to be misinterpreted by the phones or phone system.

Example, user dials a 10 digit phone number on any of the 6 CO lines and phone system sends a slightly different number to the CO line to dial, so that call either doesn't go thru or ends up calling a wrong number.
Problem has presented with Vonage VOIP lines as well as regular POTS copper phone lines.

I thought I had identified that one of the paralleled SLT phones was causing the problem, so I disconnected it and everything worked fine for a couple weeks, but problem presented again yesterday even though the SLT has not been reconnected.

Any tips or ideas of what to check?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Does this happen on all the sets or a particular set?

Wanet Telecoms Limited

It seems to be mostly from one t7731, but it has happened from other SLT phones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back