Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic NS700 PBX system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin RSU34

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2023
US
Hi everybody, I joined a small school district as an IT technician over the summer. We have an NS700 system on premises as our PBX. Today a teacher was trying to reach out to me by calling the schools' main number then using the dial-by-name function from the main menu. When she typed the numbers that represent my last name, it sent her to an extension at another school that's totally unrelated to me. Where in the PBX can I find the dial-by-name options? I'm logged into the right IP for this school, I just don't see anything resembling what I want in all the options. Thanks!

HAve a look in the UM settings, It sounds like the incomming call may be hitting a custom service menu first :)

Thanks! I am looking at the menu right now. I am looking at the custom service menu for this school and for option 1 it says "Dial by Name" there's no assigned value. Does that mean our dial by name menu is non-functional?

Untitled_q9muma.jpg

Untitled2_yfbhrp.jpg

To give a better idea of what I'm seeing. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back