Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KXTDE100 Using Voip FWD Issues Line wont Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceguy167

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2020
US
So I have a Panasonic KX-TDE100 and we recently decided to use a SPA8000 to bring in analog lines using VOIP to this system.
Everything works great the only issues arrive when we use Call Forwarding to an Outside line.
If you forward the call and then you hand up. The lines are not released and remain on hook until either the SPA is rebooted or the KX-TDE is.
Is there a setting I am missing?
Thanks for your help.
Steven

Because it is an analogue line, the spa8000 doesn’t know when the call is ended.

If you’re line provider supports cpc signal or reverse polarity it will hold the line open

You could have a co to co transfer timer to clear the call after the timer expires

Default is on for 10 minutes

Still playing with some params :)
I think the Terminating Gateway Call Params is for a SPA3102?
Although I did look everywhere in the SPA for it lol.
I did however find these settings under regional settings :)

TimerValues_lmzxv1.png

You will have to get the analogue line to signal the call is finished or set a timer to how long the call lasts and drops the call

Both the Panasonic KX-TDE100 & SPA8000 have signal detection features. To the KX-TDE100, SPA8000 is the Telco (POTS Line provider). And to the SPA8000 your your VoIP Provider is the ITSP.

In my understanding, the FXS Ports on the SPA8000 (are merely SIP extensions converted to Analog) from the ITSP to offer analog trunks to your KX-TDE100. So there is no issue between your ITSP and the KX-TDE100.

The config that you need to look into is

In the KX-TDE100,
Go to 1.Configuration -> 1.Slot -> Mover cursor to Respective POTS Line card and select port property and Enable "Reverse detection" for those lines from the SPA8000.

In the SPA8000,

Then test. I hope that helps, let us know your result.

Wanet telecom

I believe it is the analogue line on an fxo port to sip on the tde, I could be wrong but it’s how I read it? Then they would need cpc or reverse polarity on the analogue.

Nice guy can you clarify

Thank you everyone you all are awesome :)
I am able to find in the TDE100 The "Reverse detection" it's currently disabled on all lines (1-8) as expected.
I found where we can reverse polarity on the FXS Ports in the ATA.
I would assume we set all three to Reverse?
Just like to ask the pros before a network admin changes things :)

Waynet Telecom Ltd has it correct.
The SPA8000 is taking Sip Extensions and they are converted to Analog ports that are connected to the TDE100s analog CO card.

RevereSPA8000_ssfzj8.png

On KX-TDE100 , Reverse detetion select both calls

In SPA8000 lockout for "Detect Polarity
Reversal

OK so I did a test today.
I set all lines to Both calls.
I then set an extension to forward.
I set the number to forward to 95555555555(the number i want forwarded)
It calls my number I answer, I am able to talk for about 10-15 seconds then it drops my call and connects me back to our voicemail system.
The good news is that now the lines are not left open. The bad news not sure why it just drops the call now?
I am not able to find anything in the SPA8000 about Detect Polarity other than the images I sent :)
Thanks again
Steven

Have you checked these two in the SPA8000,
PSTN-To-VoIP Call Max Dur & VoIP-To-PSTN Call Max Dur

Also in the KX-TDE, check out 3.1.1. Extension to CO Duration time.

The SPA8000 doesn't seem to support the options listed except the pictures I posted :)
For Now I just enabled a time limit on the lines that allows them enough time to take calls off site if needed and then it will drop the call after X amount of minutes :)
Thanks
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back