Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KXTDA Voip Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hantscomms

Programmer
Jul 3, 2009
Good morning all, it is my first time posting here. We install Panasonic & LG systems in the uk, although I have done lots of voip work on LG, I am in the process of planning our 1st Pana install. Can I please confirm that i'm on the right track?

System is a KX-TDA100 which we are installing an IPEXT16 card to enable us to run a single IP handset from Ireland. Am I right in saying that the programming should go something like this...?

* Setup router and get internet access working

* Disable NAT on the router to 'bypass' it. (i understand that this is instead of port forwarding which I have implemented before on other systems/routers)

* Set the Panasonic IPEXT16 card to be the static ip address of the internet connection. (1 Question: if i am using NAT, what should be used as the default gateway? - I assume I set the card to be the static ip provided by the isp, although with NAT switched off im not sure where to find the gateway)

* Check I can ping the IP card both internally and externally

* Log onto the card using a web-browser to start it

Plug the IP phone into a router on a dynamic ip and point it the the static IP address of the IP card system end

Register the handset (i assume this is achieved by connecting and using the register option in programming console?)

Program handset accordingly

Am I about right here? Anything major ive missed out? Any help/feedback much appreciated.

Many thanks

you need vpn tunnel setup from point to point>>>>

It is possible to do

What you would need to do would be:

Set up router and get internet access working

Give your IPEXT card the next public ip address (you would need to check with your isp for these deatils)

The gateway for the IPEXT card would be your router

At the remote site as long as there is a DHCP all you need to do is tell the phone where the TDA is.

HOWEVER this does put the card on the internet and could pose a threat.

Like cwc3 said it would be better to create a router to router vpn and put the IPEXT card on the internal lan

router to router vpn - that was the term i was looking for... Many thanks for both of your help, got my head around it now. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back