Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KX-TVS80 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdvnewyork

Technical User
Nov 1, 2002
US
Mt customer has a Panasonic KX-T TA624 KSU with a KX-TVS80 Voice Mail System. My customer wants to log into their mail box from another extension. I tryed using # 6 * then mail box number. The extension will not allow me to do this. The book makes reference to the System Manager assign an Interview Mailbox to another mailbox. The program book I have is not clear to me on what to do. Could you give me an example of extension 101 voice mail messages to be retrieved from extensions 102 & 103 ? Thank You.

This may sound like a stupid question, but did you dial the voice mail system FIRST? For example, if 107 is the number you call to check voice mail...dial 107 from whatever phone you want to check mail from, wait for voice mail to answer, THEN dial #6 * plus the mailbox you want.

Yes I am logged into the voice mail system. Sorry for not mentioning that in my post. Thank you for bringing that question up.

#6 * always works, from my experience. #6 gets you into 'voicemail service' which is a prompt that says "Please enter your party's mailbox number". You then hit * and any existing mailbox number to enter a mailbox as a user. I say 'existing' because perhaps you are trying to dial a mailbox that doesn't exist.

That's the only thing I can think of, given the limited amount of info. What does the voicemail do or say when you attempt this keystroke?

Has anyone used the new generation laptops to program voicemail ? such as no serial ports on the laptop just USB ports and using a USB to RS232 converter ?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back