Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KX-TD816 changing default extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim8582539

Technical User
Feb 16, 2019
US
I have a Panasonic 816 version 3 (8CO/16EXT) and was interested in moving to 4 digit extensions using extension block 2 and 3 (example x2243, x2795, x3475). Everything I've read about the system states extensions can be programmed up to 4 digits, however, I only get the default extension numbers (101, 102, etc.) when programming each jack (J1-1, J2-1, etc). I'm using the programmator to program everything and have removed all my feature access codes that start with 2 or 3 under flexible numbering and added Code 2 and 3 for Function 2-EXT BLK and 3-EXT BLK. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hmmmm, under what function would you change the extension lead numbers?....I've been looking around and can't find it.

I was able to get 4 digit extensions but this caused the XDP function to kick in....I now have 1-EXT BLK set to 1 and get extension 101-116 under jack J1-1 through J16-1 and have 2-EXT BLK set to 28 and get extensions 2801 to 2816 under jack J1-2 through J1-16 and my XDP function is activated with a check mark for those jacks....(I'm not even sure what 3-EXT BLK thru 16-EXT BLK is utilized for I can't get any extensions to start with 3 or 4...unless I put that number in 2-EXT BLK then my extension starting with 28XX can not be dialed)

This limits me to extensions starting with a 1 or a 2 digit prefix and end in 01 thru 16. I was looking for all numbers in the 2000 and 3000 block...some extensions I would like to program are 2236, 2547, 2887, 3623.

You will have to set the lead number then change the extension numbers

Some of the programming tools are not great. You could do it through the dos tool or the handset.

Can’t see if the number is accepted on the system why you can’t call it. Have you checked it on the system if it was actually uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back