Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KX-NCP500 - error when adding more IP-PT phones error states "Card Obstacle" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

godboldzinc

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2023
GB
Adding extra IP-PT phones to Virtual V-IPEXT32 card.
I have 8 IP KX-NT551 IP Phones already added to the card, when now add 9th the IP phone registers, but pings back a error "Card Obstacle"
I can't find anything on the web for this error.. and nothing suggests within the config that there is a issue.

Anyone came across this error before?? - the card is 32 channel card so I'm expecting to be able to add up to this amount, however I'm unsure if the key activation key is the issue???

could anyone shed any light.

Thanks

Sounds like a activation key issue. Check the number of IP phone extension licenses loaded on the NCP. You can also try unplugging a working IP phone and then try the new IP phone again. If it's an activation key issue it should work.

Yes, I've tried a new IP phone in replace of one that was working and it fires up ok... so must be the lack of licenses. I have inherited this system and got lack of info regarding keys and license.
where on the system can i find the limits on the IP phones extension licenses?. also , if i need to buy an extra license so that i can add more phones where can i get one from, as i understand now that these Panasonic systems are way out of support.
Thanks for your help..

Matt

To see all the activation keys currently installed, go to Config > Slot > Virtual Slot > click on Activation Key button.
The AK's are still available from Panasonic through authorized dealers. There's no cost for the AK's now. I can help you on those if you want, I charge only for my time.

bazak Its a good news that i read such this free AK from Panasonic.. How to activate that features? Thanks
MPR ID BD01-0400-23BC-9940 this my MPR ID and i need 12 sip extension for 3rd party KX-NCS4704WJ 3set.

I've tried contacting several Panasonic resellers about getting the Free KX-NCP500 UK Pure AK or firmware free but nobody has them.. can only get the NS free firmware which opens up NS systems to full capacity.

Do know where i could possible get an AK for say another 8 or 16 IP phones for the NCP range for V-IPEXT32?

Thanks

Matt

The LIC won't be free.
Most likely you will be charged

wanetelecoms@gmail.com

Not sure if you are in the US or not, but the AK's Panasonic in the US supplies will only work on US Panasonic product. Not sure how it works in other areas. Here is a listing to a dealer who can provide Panasonic US AK's - eBay item number:123758191260.

No its UK based system...

Looks like i cant get those AK anywhere now - called loads of suppliers but only the firmware to open up NS version has been released from Panasonic..looks like its a dead stick

I guess not.
It may be a good idea to try more.
Panasonic is a good system

wanetelecoms@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back