Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic IPsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdhy

Vendor
Mar 14, 2007
JO
Hi ,

what is the protocol used by Panasonic IP phones , is it a standard protocol (H.323) or proprietary like (Skinny) for Cisco.

Thanks In advance.

A new SIP phone will be release soon.

Panasonic TDA/TDE/NCP Certified Tech
CTP certified

you mean the HGT-100 it's been out for a while??

you forgot va and kx-td

Bruce brought in a SIP phone that said will be released soon. It was the HGT-100. We haven't sold any so wasn't aware some vendors could purchase them. Our sales people were asking when they can sell them and he mentioned very soon. Oh well techs usually find out last. Or until we are given equipment then told to install it.

We started out with the TDA line :) We are "new" the panasonic systems.

CTP certified

hey welcome the kx-xxxx has always been the tops good luck!!!

They have been a great system we sell a good bit of them over the past 3 yrs. I still think they lack the user friendly VM. I hope the 'new' TVA (if they ever come out with it) give more options for us techs to change programming (CS menus/options) via phone.

CTP certified

not much hope with defining cdm's or system options through the keypad.

We can dream though right?

CTP certified

yeah i started in telecom back in 83 after the air force
all you could do is read the 500 page books or get on the
rip van winkle tech line just imagine the resources available to techs now they are spoiled not to mention the invention of pdf's!!

I started out with manuals but PDF's became much easier to find information.
Although I always prefer a book over a pdf.

I think us techs are more spoiled with cell phones then pdf's. Now you don't have to use your buttset to make a call :)

CTP certified

when our shop was on Nantucket we the private phone company and the HVAC guys were the only ones on island that had yaesu 5 watt handy talkies with 4 colum dtmf keypads on them the precursor to cell phones so you had a tool pouch and that big clubbby monster hanging off your pocket....

HAHA basically your cell was the size of a buttset :)

The kind with the 2ft antenna? oh man im sort of glad i was too young then to have to work through that time.

CTP certified

hehe. I just did the NCP course and was talking to one of the older guys there. He used to carry a pager and a 'mobile phone.' He said the phone was of the suitcase size variety and he could make a 2 minute call if the battery had a full 24 hour charge.

One of the guys that works for me spends his entire day on his mobile now. Bit of a change between now and then.

I think that the tde is a better choice a lot of people
still just want to pick up a square key system phone and play with the ip stuff later....
the ncp units top out to low on the analog and TDM side I think I guess they think the client will do a pri right off the bat!!

I agree cwc it definately targets a select small end customer. It is nice that the system is rack ready which seems even the small end 10-15 customers are using racks for both voice and data recently.

In my area PRI costs are so low if you have a 10-15 user system its worth it. Below 10 usually u would sell them a TDA50 anyway.

CTP certified

yeah and they fliped the script every blessed run has to have a rj11 or 45 on it not to mention the whole poe chestnut!

That isn't that bad. We are are primarily an Avaya dealer but use the panasonic on the smaller customers. the IP Office has the same setup.

The best way to set up systems like that is have the customer terminate all voice to a patch panel then use patch cords to connect the system. Not only does it look neater but the every so gung ho IT guys will be able to handle the people playing musical chairs around the office.

Now i know cwc you don't like giving the customer too much access to doing there own work but these are the customers that should be sold maintenance or service contracts.

CTP certified

you see the trend us old timers will be the only one that even know what a PDT or a 216B is for!!

We have PDT connectors in our office in bins that don't get used. 216B well i might remove some from OLD installs u OLD timers put in ;)

Avaya ACA-I IPO Certified
Panasonic TDA/TDE/NCP Certified
CTP certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back