Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic Advanced Hybrid System KX-TA624

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2129

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
US
Happy Holidays!
Tryng to sell an IP Office to a small medical facility, down to us and a vendor selling the Panasonic Advanced Hybrid System KX-TA624...any comparisons between the IP Office and the Panasonic system appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

I thought Panasonic did only do consumer electronics?;p

Google brought up this:
Designed to streamline home communications and make a host of advanced features available to each extension in your home. (this system KX-TA624 has been discontinued and replaced with the new KX-TA824)

Off-Premises Call Forwarding
Program the system to forward your calls to your cellular phone or another outside telephone so you don't miss a call.

Single-Line Device Integration
Connect many types of single-line telephone devices such as answering machines, cordless phones, fax machines and computer modems directly to the system without the need for additional cards or modules. There's no need to buy new equipment or incur expensive upgrade costs.

Direct Inward System Access (DISA)
Addition of an optional DISA card provides a great solution for families and businesses members who share one telephone line. Incoming callers hear a message instructing them to dial a single-digit code for the intended party, and the caller is then routed to that person's extension automatically. Each person can field their own calls and have their own answering machine, even though they share the same line.

Night Mode
Automatically prevent selected extensions from ringing at night-ideal for children's rooms or a home office.

Toll Restriction
Prohibits unauthorized long distance calling from specified extensions by blocking selected area/exchange codes.

Call Waiting Caller ID
System display phones can show the name and number of an incoming caller, even if you're on another call. The system can log up to 20 unanswered calls per extension and up to 300 calls system-wide, making it easy for you to return missed calls.

Room-to-Room Intercom
Lets you contact other extensions via an intercom, so you can relay messages throughout your home or office.

Flexible Ringing Assignment
Allows you to decide which phones will ring on each line to help you customize your phone system.

Expand Your New System as Your Needs Grow
Hybrid telephone systems work with standard telephone lines, so you never need to upgrade your phone service when your needs increase. You can easily expand from 3 central office lines and 8 stations to 6 CO lines and 24 stations (KX-TA824) or from 8 CO lines and 16 stations to 12 CO lines and 32 stations (KX-TA1232), with the addition of plug-in cards.

Sounds as a very sophisticated system from the past century.
Any telecomms installer with a little self-respect would never offer a piece of garbage like that anymore.
I can remember that system from twenty years ago or even more, it was crap then and it still is.

I have to say the Panasonic is from the features not comparable with the IPO because they offer two completely different feature sets. The regular phone service is what both have but the IPO offers, like intrigrant mentioned, features from this century like twinning, voicemail to email, queueing etc. and the Panasonic is a basic basic system. I see that the Panasonic is most likely cheaper but that is for a reason. If they don't want any of the advanced features that the IPO has and just want to go with a real standard system then you have no chance bidding against the Panasonic without taking a big hit, but if they plan ahead for the future and see themselves using more sophisticated means of communications then you can get them on board even with the added cost because it is still cheaper to invest now than to buy this now and in 3 years when they wake up another one for the same price tag as the IPO now.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Have a ?? have a KX-ta624 phone system have two lines existing
going to add the third line do you know the program codes to add 3rd line

You are in an Avaya IP Office forum. You need to go to a Panasonic forum. But make sure you dont hijack the thread. Start your own.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

they will buy the Pana. After all, you can't argue with a system offering DISA!!!!

Next they'll be asking for a system with DASS!!!!

Pana=basic analogue key system. No ISDN capability. Basic and very difficult VM (VM in the loosest term)

IPO=Doesn't do DISA (porperly) but will be far easier for everything else.

If the Pana is a serious thought, then price is the big hurdle to get over!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I think "Advanced" could be against the advertising standards agency's regulations on false advertising :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

just bung then an NEC XN120 - DISA / DID all in one box! ;-)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

How does the IPO not do DISA? Stop trying to sell NEC's Sean, they stink :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Tell me how to get an out of the box IPO to give dial tone back from an inbound DDI

Jamie Green

That's not what Panasonic mean by DISA though, they mean call routing/an attendant. I have argumemts all the time with the Panasonic guy in our office that that is not DISA, DISA is what you are referring to/voicemail access from outside, you are correct in that case that the IPO can't do it out the box (dial tone) :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Why are we debating about this?!?!?!?!

Panas are just cheap rubbish key systems, only suitable for people with no requiremnts apart from making and recieving the odd call. I have never understood why some would buy a big KX-TDA/E system. I don't think they are even cheaper anymore. Haven't looked for a while. TVM is the worst, most awkward vm system I have ever had the misfortune to try and setup and train on.

Jamie Green

They have a rep for being quiet even at full volume and very susceptible to RF (which just kills the system) :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

SCN feature in the IPO is a pretty slick feature if they plan on growing.

It's only dialtone!!!

If you want to sway your potential customer to the IPO have them call into a Panasonic VM. It is the most chatty frustrating and annoying pieces of equipment ever put on the market. What should take a few seconds to navigate to someones extension via Auto-Attendant takes forever on a TVA-50 or TVA-200. Their VM is horrendous.

Quaz

I call Panansonic "Panacronic" just for usless info :0)

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

In the simplest terms we tell the client tha the Pana is a good reliable basic system. But when you ask 'can I do x/y/z?' the answer will most likely be no.
No voip - rubbish VM - analogue lines only - basic basic basic.
When you ask the questions of an IP Office some might involve a license etc but 99% of the time it is a 'yes we can do that...'
There in lays the real difference to your clients future business.
IP Office = can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back