Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic 616 dropping calls, can't pick up calls on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuZZyJeSuS

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
US
Heading out on a service call today to work on a Panasonic KXT 616. Customer says certain extensions are dropping calls and also calls placed on hold can't be picked up. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue? Could it be a port problem? Thanks in advance!!

It sounds to me like a hookswitch issue in the phones themselves. Some models of Panasonic phone have regular problems with this. The actually have a dual contact hook switch but only one is used. A small ammount of oxidation build-up will cause the hokkswitch to fail intermittently, resulting id dropped calls and issues getting calls on and off of hold.

Thanks for the info, I will let you know how it works out.

mike

hookswitch my be the problem for cut offs but not for
pulling a held call!!

I read that to possibly mean that calls are getting dropped when going on and off of hold, which might be a hook switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back