Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic 1232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcardwell

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
GB
I have installed a PRI card onto the above system, which is all working OK. I have also created s a DDI ringing group for 2 x faxes. I have a fault that the existing 4 x analogue CO lines are answered by the fax machines after 2 rings. Can somebody give any ideas and what programmes to look at. I have look at the ringing assignments but they look all OK.

There are 3 places in programming where you can program ringing.

1. Under CO line Setting #1, you can program DIL to an extension, which will send calls only to that extension (that CO line will appear solid red on all other phones)
2. Under Trunk Groups TRG, you can set an intercept destination, which is like #1 above, but only after the intercept timer expires.
3. Under Extension/DIL 1:1 N, you can set ringing on undirected CO lines (those that are not directed with DIL)

It is also possible that someone inadvertently forwarded their phone to the fax group.

You can get an idea about where the call is coming from by changing various timers and seeing when the 2 ring delay changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back