Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panaonic KT-TD 816 Caller's NAME display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_ISDN

Technical User
Oct 4, 2021
GB

Hi, I have a Panasonic KX-TD 816 with 2 ISDN channels all works well except I cannot get the desk phones to display the caller's name which they should do if the name and number is programmed in the system speed dial list which they are. Only the caller's number is displayed. I have the full install and operators manuals and have checked everything really carefully. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul.

Have you put the line access number in front of the number in speed dial. Normally an 9?

Yes, tried both with and without, same result, except without the 9 the speed dialing function will not dial out !

If you have it in with the 9 it should work. The number has to be exactly the same as the number comes in on the display so if you have a number, say 011234567 then the speed dial has to be that. If is 0035311234567 then the. Speed dial has to be that

Thanks for your input, but I don't think that you have understood the original question. I have now found someone that knows.

Ok. Share the solution. I am sure it could help someone in the future

It appears that the issue is to do with the version of the firmware on the ROMs i.e. 4.11 it is thought that a later versions will enable the lookup on the system from number to name.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back