Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PalmV and Exchange Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakubi

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2001
GB
Hi all,

This is our set up. PDC with exchange server. Win98clients. And Ras Clients. We have about 8 PalmV’s with modems. We want to be able to collect emails from the exchange server onto the palms when they are either connected via the LAN or via RAS. We Do NOT want any devises attached locally to the PDC. The PC’s must also be able to connect via RAS, even when there own PC’s are switched off.
I have successfully configured a palm to retrieve its mail from exchange client on a PC.
The problem with this is that when the PC is switched off. What we need is a way to collect the mail from the exchange server. But as I said, . We Do NOT want any devises attached locally to the PDC. And at the same time the palms also need to be configured to connect via the LAN through there own PC’s.
Ive checked there site and spoken to the staff, but they don’t know, which seems strange to me as most of their clients are going to use exchange.
Any ideas anyone or suggestions?

Julian

Get yourself some Palm VII's
then u don't need Modem or PC
Create a Separate Accounts for the Palms to Sync up with
you can forward e-mails to those new Accounts.

there is an article floating around on how to do just that.

DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

You can install the XTND connect Server, it allows you to sync from a LAN, Internet, RAS, or any other way I can think of (yes, even IRDA). You just install it in your NT server and configure the users. And since you always sync with the server, not the users PC, it doesn't matter if it is off.
And it can sync many user at the same time, too. I thas a 128 bit encription so security is not an issue either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back