Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PalmPilot Professional on a Windows XP Pro computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbl

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
CA
I have migrated one of our users from Windows 2000 pro to windows xp pro on a p4 clone 2.0 mhz. Rather than an upgrade she got a new computer. She was using Palm Pilot Professional, the old model made by 3com on her old machine windows 2000 on a p3 800 mhz.
(1) Can this model be connected to a windows xp pro desktop and work? If yes which software should it be running. Not sure if the current software (desktop version 2.1 and hotsync version 2.0.1) can be upgrade or if this is supported on windows xp)
(2) If yes to question 1 which Palm operating system is required (and how do I check the current installed version?)
(3) Does Palm One still support this model

Thanks for all help!

Question 1: Yes, it should work without any problems. You need to install the Palm Desktop and the driver for the Palm´s hotsynch cradle. You should be able to find both on the CD that followed the device. If you do not have such CD, you could download Palm Desktop from the website.

Question 2: There is no need to change the handhelds operating system. Just reinstall the desktop software and drivers on the Windows 2000 computer.

Question 3: I do not know if they support this device specifically. But you should anyway be able to get the software needed for it to run on your Win2k Computer

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back